3rd Party Mic Adapter Cable
This adapter allows you to connect a standard microphone with 3.5mm (1/8 inch) connector to the iPhone/iPad/iPod or other compatible device for quality recording. This adapter incorporates passive components which provide DC blocking/isolation between the microphone input for device protection, as well as, impedance matching components for allowing a wide variety of microphones to be used with the device. This adapter works with microphones that have a mono or stereo 1/8” (3.5mm) connector.
Types of microphones that work with this adapter:
- Dynamic Microphones
- Battery Powered Video/Condenser microphones
- Battery Powered Lavaliere Microphones
- Wireless Microphone systems
Types of microphones that will NOT work with this adapter:
(For the following microphones, use TMC-IP-MIC-ECM
- ECM microphones (without batteries)
- Lavaliere microphones (without batteries)
- PC microphones (without Batteries)
- Headset Microphones
- iPhone 3G / 3Gs / 4G / 4S
- iPod (all versions)
- Mac Computers with combined headset ports
How it Works:
Plug the adapter into the iPhone (or other device) headset jack and then plug your microphone into the adapter. The iPhone will recognize that an external mic is connected and turn its internal mic off allowing you to record using the external microphone. This adapter works with all audio/video recording apps and other functions just as the internal mic would.
- Molded Right Angle 3.5mm TRRS 4 conductor Plug
- Neutrik Gold Plated 3.5mm Microphone Input Jack
- Premium Shielded Coax Audio Cable for Excellent protection against EMI/RFI interference.
- Wired for iPod Touch/iPhone Microphone Input applications.